However, the following are exempted from the ban on direct hiring:
- Members of the diplomatic corps
- International organizations
- Heads of state and government officials with the rank of at least deputy minister
- OR other employers as may be allowed by the Secretary of Labor and Employment, such as:
- Those provided in (1), (2) and (3) who bear a lesser rank, if endorsed by POLO-WDC
- Professionals and skilled workers with duly executed/authenticated contracts containing terms and conditions over and above the standards set by the POEA.
The number of professional and skilled OFWs hired for the first time by the employer shall not exceed five (5). For the purpose of determining the number, workers hired as a group shall be counted as one; or
- Workers hired by a relative/family member who is a permanent resident of the host country.
For complete information on the direct hiring, please refer to POEA Memorandum Circular No. 08, Series of 2018.