What is a Balik Manggawa (BM)?
- Returning documented Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW)
- Returning OFWs who have changed employer on site (same country)
- Returning documented OFW who changed jobsite (different country)
- Returning documented OFW to the same company in the same jobsite, but changed job position
- Undocumented workers, or returning workers not previously registered with the POEA – workers with no existing record of deployment with the POEA or the POLO including but not limited to former tourists, au pair, students, exchange programs participants, etc.
OFWs under categories (2) and (5) are required to submit employment documents to POLO-WDC for verification. The POLO verified employment documents are required by the POEA for the approval and issuance of an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) to Balik-Manggagawa workers who are vacationing in the Philippines.
Please refer to POEA Memorandum Circular No. 24, Series of 2021 for complete information.