Accreditation of Foreign Principals/Employers/Agencies (Landbased Workers)
ACCREDITATION is the grant of authority to a foreign employer /principal to recruit and to hire Filipino workers through a licensed recruitment agency (Philippine Recruitment Agency or PRA) for overseas employment.
The Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) has the exclusive authority to accredit principals/employers although such authority may be delegated to the POLO in countries/territories where it has jurisdiction.
For employers and principals in the United States and the Caribbean Islands, the following shall be observed:
- All documents for accreditation shall be verified by the POLO and indorsed to the POEA for appropriate action. The indorsement may carry with it a recommendation to deny accreditation.
- In the absence of the POLO, the documents shall be duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/consulate which has jurisdiction over the jobsite. Authentication does not take the place of verification, however.
- The accreditation shall be valid for four (4) years.
- Job orders approved by the POEA shall be valid for a period of two (2) years, subject to revalidation for another two years upon confirmation of the principal/employer.
- Renewal of Accreditation may be done at the request of the principal/employer or licensed recruitment agency and upon submission of the following:
- Reconfirmed recruitment agreement
- Revalidated or new job order
- Affidavit of Undertaking (that jobs are existing and vacant)
- Affidavit of Undertaking (PAOS)
- For Guidelines on Multiple Accreditation of Principal/Employer, please refer to POEA Memorandum Circular No. 18, Series of 2019.
For details of the procedure, please refer to the 2016 POEA Rules on Land-based Workers.